With Father’s Day coming up, you’re probably wondering what to write in a Father’s Day card. You need a lovely set of words to share just how special your love for dad is in a handmade or bought card. It may have been a tough year for you as a family, so you want to write a thoughtful Fathers Day message to show dad how much he means. Perhaps it is dad’s first ever Father’s Day and you want to find a cute message from baby that encompasses all the love you feel. Perhaps you want to tell your son how proud you are of his fatherhood. There are classic Father’s Day wishes and thoughtful messages to browse; if dad’s a joker, there’s plenty of funny Fathers Day messages to explore too.
Classic Happy Fathers Day Wishes
Send a classic Fathers Day message, wishing dad all the best on his special day.
- Happy Father’s Day to the best dad I know!
- An entire day dedicated to you, Dad. Enjoy it!
- Sending lots of love and hugs to you this Father’s Day.
- Thank you for all that you do, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- Here’s to you Dad, for being the best!
- Hope you have a Father’s Day as great as you.
- To the World’s Best Dad, Happy Father’s Day!
- Cheers to being the greatest dad I’ve ever known and needed.
- Thank you for always being there for me, rain or shine.
- I couldn’t image my life without you in it. Thanks for everything, Dad.
Funny Fathers Day Messages – What to Write in a Father’s Day Card
Treat the family clown, aka Dad, to a funny Father’s Day message that will make him howl.
- You’re one of my favourite parents! Lucky you.
- Apparently we’re a lot alike, but I reckon I’m better looking, funnier and smarter than you are.
- Happy Father’s Day from your favourite child.
- Dad, your Father’s Day gift is another year of not having to pay for my wedding.
- I smile because you’re my father. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.
- Dad, you’re the coolest. Like all those times you said “Yes” when Mum said “No”.
- Dad, no matter what life throws at you, at least you don’t have ugly children.
- I didn’t buy you a Father’s Day gift. I am the greatest gift you’ll ever have.
- Thank you for teaching me important lessons in life… as well as the things I probably shouldn’t know.
- You’ve taught me a lot over the years, including how not to dance.
Thoughtful Fathers Day Quotes
Show dad how much he means to you with kind and thoughtful words, written from the heart.
- There is nobody I admire more than you, Dad. You’re respectful, intelligent, hard-working and your love knows no bounds.
- Dad, you have loved me as long as I’ve lived, but I have loved you my whole life.
- You’re my biggest hero and my first friend. Thanks for always being there.
- Love you to the moon and back, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- You have been there for all the big moments, but more importantly you have been there for all the small moments too. Happy Father’s Day, Dad.
- You are wise and you are kind. There is no other dad I’d rather have.
- Dad, I may never fill your shoes completely, but if I’m half the man you are, I’ll be content.
- You filled my childhood with the happiest of memories and you taught me a lot of life lessons. There aren’t enough words in the world to thank you.
- Dad, you’re all my favourite memories.
- I wish I grow up to be just like you.
Father’s Day Messages for Father Figures
For the man who has always been like a father to you, tell him how important he is in your life.
- We may not be bound by blood, but we are bound by something far greater. Love.
- I’m so grateful to have you in my life. You are the best father figure I could have wished for.
- “It’s not the flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons” – Johann Friedrich von Schiller.
- Thank you, Dad.
- Happy Father’s Day to the best man who walked into my life.
- Every day has been a blessing since you met Mum! Happy Father’s Day.
- Even if we don’t see eye to eye on most things, I’m so glad you’re in my life.
- You have filled a hole that I thought would always be empty. Thank you for guiding me, giving me advice and loving me as though I were your own.
- You may not have given me life, but you have made my life better.
- “Any man can help make a child, but it takes a special man to help raise a child” – Tony Gaskins.
First Fathers Day Messages – What to Write in a Father’s Day Card for New Dads
Make the new dad even more excited about his first Father’s Day with a new dad message.
- This is the first of many wonderful years celebrating you as my favourite hero.
- You’re such a great daddy already. I can tell from your cuddles, love and warm heart.
- You’ll always remember your first Father’s Day no matter how you spend it. Cherish every moment.
- I’m so lucky that you’re my daddy and that I’ve got you forever.
- Happy 1st Father’s Day to the best daddy there is.
- You make me giggle and smile and I can tell my first word will be ‘Daddy’.
- Dear Daddy, I’m sorry for the nappy changes and weeing on your favourite shirt. Happy Father’s Day.
- I can’t wait to make you proud when I grow up. Happy Father’s Day.
- The precious moments go by so fast. This special day is one of them. Treasure it with your beautiful baby.
- I can’t wait to grow up with you as my number one hero.
Father’s Day Messages for Husbands/Partners
Share how grateful you are to have the partner you always dreamed of when it came to having children.
- I count my lucky stars to know our children have you as their dad.
- Wherever life leads us, you are the greatest father our children have. Happy Father’s Day.
- Thank you for everything you do for our family. The kids are lucky to have you.
- What a wild ride life has been so far! I’m so glad we’re in this together. Happy Father’s Day!
- I can’t imagine a better father for our children or a more loving and kinder husband/partner for myself.
What to Write in a Father’s Day Card for Sons
Show your son how proud you are with heartfelt words that are sure to make him tear up.
- I’m extremely proud of the father you’re becoming, son.
- You gave me another treasure in the form of grandchildren. Happy Father’s Day.
- You got all your best dad tricks from me… Don’t tell your mother.
- We counted our lucky stars when you came into our life, and now you have blessed us with our grandchildren. Happy Father’s Day, son.
- Watching you love [name] with all your heart makes us the happiest of parents.
No matter how far you have been from Dad lately, wishing him a Happy Father’s Day with a wonderful message from the heart is priceless. It is something he will cherish for many months and years to come. Now that you’ve sorted what to write in a Father’s Day card for your dad, you can explore our Fathers Day gifts and present ideas to accompany your funny, heartfelt or classic messages for him too!