We have a great opportunity for a Purchasing Apprentice to join our small buying and purchasing department. You will be a dedicated individual, bursting with enthusiasm to make a difference to our successful online gift business and to develop yourself into an all-round invaluable commercial asset.
We are looking for someone who can provide support and can become part of the Purchasing team to focus on exploring new product submission, help with performance analysis and reporting, market research and strategic department support. You have to be keen to learn and have a passion for analytical work.
You do not require any experience in purchasing or buying, only a thirst for knowledge and a natural tendency to be structured, organised and detail focussed. Your work will involve learning from our team about a range of processes, how new product is added to the website, how to maintain our great stock system with 1000s of goods. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to be part of an increasingly busy team in a vibrant company.
Roles and responsibilities
- Evaluating new exciting product submissions including competitor pricing and activity and calculating profit potential.
- Shortlisting new product submissions based upon above research Finding out and reporting about what products we should be selling
- Finding out and reporting about how well our existing products are doing and whether we should change their prices or offers.
- Involvement in the selection of the products to be added to the site.
- Setting products up on the system ready for copy and images to be added by other members of the team.
- Checking our sales and performance statistics
- Finding out about and reporting how we could improve profits with our suppliers
- Providing administrative support to the Purchasing, Buying and Product Development team.
- Reporting and suggesting about the costs and profits of our different departments.
- Helping ensure our suppliers provide new products quickly
- Helping us negotiate better deals with suppliers and customers
- Finding out about and reporting about what other companies and suppliers in our sector are doing.
- Assisting the department with any product or supplier issues.
- Ensuring attention to detail is an integral part of every task.
- Scheduling and prioritising your own work and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Has experience in the use of MS Office applications, Excel being the key application and intermediate skills preferable.
- The ability to respond to the pressure of deadlines.
- A natural talent for being organized and structured in their approach to tasks.
- Having a high attention to detail.
- Proactive and positive with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to multi-task.
- Great sense of humour essential
- Applicants should be literate and numerate. Qualifications are not essential as full training will be provided.
- Willingness to embrace change
- A desire for organization and structure
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Commitment and flexible approach to working
- Honest and reliable
The Purchasing Assistant Role is a junior role in the company. As part of a small team, you will be required to carry out tasks as and when required. This includes general office duties. You’ll be expected to pitch in and do a whole range of jobs that a small company needs doing in addition to the purchasing duties.Additional duties may involve contributing in other departments of the business as and when required, as all employees of Find Me A Gift have to commit to.
Apply by email now:
Send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you